Monday, December 19, 2011

Prima Firenze

After the train from Venice to Florence, we got some dinner at a restaurant right around the corner. This was my dinner after I was already halfway done with it. Sliced flanksteak over arugula, grilled with olive oil and rosemary. This has been on nearly every single menu in Italy so far, and for good reason.

I'm all out of room for my online album so I'm going to have to remove a lot of pictures between now and the next time I post. A lot of the museums don't allow pictures to be taken, but a lot of what these museums show are the usual Biblical scenes: nativity, Virgin Mary, Jesus saving, massacring innocents, Cain slaying Abel, you get the idea. The church didn't like much variation in sculpture and paint. Plus the lighting is so low in most of these places that photographs wouldn't come out well anyways.

Good architecture to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment